This engine produced by JetsMunt in Spain, is a real bargain.
It features the best price-to-power-to-weight ratio of the market. Period.
For more information about this fact, please refer to my blog:Choosing the right engine for your application.
Additionally the build quality of the engine is outstanding and it is the first of its kind on the market: it features fully integrated fuel valves, EGT sensor AND ECU!
The engine setup is rendered extremely easy and only requires to plug the throttle input, battery cable and one fuel line!
The ergonomics of the integrated Xicoy ECU is excellent and setting up the remote control input is a matter of seconds.
The following benefits are induced by this setup:
Electronics and software Features:
- The new ecu utilizes a highly cadenced processor. Setup ergonomics have been improved from previous generation software.
- The increased processor frequency enables the ecu to run a full control loop ( sensor processing and engine control output ) 500 times per second. This gives a very smooth and precise control. Startup and and RPM control are fast and precise. RPM measurement resolution is now 10 rpm and EGT is read with a precision of 0.5ºC.
- The ECU features a data recorder function that stores the relevant engine parameters every 0.5 seconds.It keeps the recorded data of the last 50 minutes run time, independently of the number of startup cycles.
- Automatic battery detection: Supports 7,4V Lipo and 9,9V A123 batteries automatically.
- Integrated sensors: The sensors are contained in the same board as the ecu, reducing the possibility of failure to a minimum as this is the cause of the most usual problems on standard engines. The temperature sensor is installed internally on the engine. It is well protected, reducing the possibility of damage.
- Integrated valves: The solenoid valves are part of the fuel system inside the engine, reducing the tubing and wiring to a minimum, reducing cost as well as reducing greatly the possibility of failures and installation errors.
- Ergonomics of Ecu, sensors, fuel igniter and valves have been thoroughly designed. They can all be replaced WITHOUT FULL ENGINE DIS-ASSEMBLY, making the maintenance very easy.
- The NEW fuel pump include a ball bearing motor for long life and precise fuel control. Thanks to this innovative design, the fuel pump can be installed in vertical position or in a bulkhead, without the need of a special support. It is 100% made in-house at our factory.
- Small engine size and lightweight construction.
- Design has been primarily focused on a reliable and easy setup for users that are new to turbine models. The engine has a thrust output of >80N (>18lb) ideal for common jet trainers like our new SuperPhoenix or the Scorpion. It can power adequately models up to 20 lbs weight.
- Special attention and care have been taken during the development to ease of use and the installation in the model and to increase the reliability to a maximum.
- The internal kerostart system is of an all new design and features a fully automated start procedure. Start cycles take an average of 45s from the pilot command to the engine running at idle, ready for take off.
- Low operating temperature enable a long life and fast acceleration time, rendering the control of the plane in critical situations like go-around much easier.
- JetsMunt have made a big effort to compensate for the weight of the integrated components. The end result is that the weight of the engine including the ecu and valves has been reduced from other models of similar size to only 950gram.(2.09lb). As the external components needed for the operation of the engine have been reduced to only the fuel pump, the total installed weight of the installed engine, including the engine support, fuel pump and fuel filter, is only of 1.080gram (2.38lb). Including the suggested battery (not supplied) (7,4V/2500mAh Lipo) the total weight rise to only 1.215gram.
- The VT80 can use NON TOXIC synthetic 2 stroke motorbyke oil ( 2TJASO FC or better) to keep a clean environment and avoid jeopardizing user and bystanders health. This oil is easily available locally. Ultimate Jets does not support the use of diesel fuel with this engine for the time being.
- Standard service interval is recommended at 25h